What’s New on Netflix?
What’s the best way to unwind after a long day? Netflix and chill. If you have fallen into a show-hole and don’t know how to get out, then check out the new arrivals on Netflix this month.
- Alias Grace: Available Nov 3. It’s a Netflix original series about a 19th century Irish immigrant with amnesia. This psychological murder mystery will take you for an unforgettable journey through the hardships and struggles of being a young immigrant in the booming USA, as well as keep you on your seat while you ask “Whodunit?”
- Mudbound: Available Nov 17. This Netflix original received 4 stars at the Sundance Festival from Carey Mulligan, Jason Clarke, and Mary J. Blige. Dee Rees adapted Hillary Jordan’s book to reflect the struggle between white landowners and black sharecroppers in the Mississippi Delta right after WWII. The history is there, and so is the drama. It has relevant undertones for our current society.
- Godless: Available Nov 22. This Netflix original is a 7-part series about the Wild West. Before you jump to conclusions, it’s not like any western you’ve ever seen. In this frontier town, all of the men died suddenly in a mining accident, leaving the women to fend for themselves. These ladies uphold the law with guns and tobacco, warding off any newcomers looking to start new drama.
- Stranger Things 2: If you haven’t binge watched the first season yet, then you need to. It’s a youthful sci-fi thriller that will take you back to the age before cell phones. It’s about a geeky gang of kids who take on the dark forces of the Upside World, which threaten the entire world. The local police and adults work with the kids to make it all possible. You’ll fall in love with each of the quirky characters and get a thrill from their adventurous journey.
- Broadchurch Season 3: Available Nov 27. This BBC original is dramatic and brooding. If you’re a Dr. Who fan, then you will immediately recognize the British star, David Tennant. He plays a detective with his boisterous partner, Olivia Coleman, who work to solve the mysterious murder of a young boy. The quiet seaside town of Broadchurch isn’t used to such uproar, and it sends the town into a frenzy.
- She’s Gotta Have It: Available Nov 23. Spike Lee based this new series on his 1986 film. It’s a lighthearted romantic comedy about one vivacious lady named Nola Darling and her three lovers. It’s set in Brooklyn, NY, where you see Nola struggle to remain true to herself and her dreams, while she bounces between different men who all support her in different ways.
For the full list of all of the movies and shows hitting Netflix this month, click here.
What’s new on Netflix? We’re glad you asked. Drama, history, and action await. Pop some popcorn, curl underneath a blanket and settle in. You can binge as many shows on Netflix as you can keep your eyes open for! You’ll go through all of the emotional ups and downs with your favorite characters. Share it all with your friends, but be sure to not give away the ending on social media!