What’s In Your Pool Bag?
Perhaps the best part about summer is enjoying a refreshing swim in the pool on a hot, sunny day. When you live in an apartment with a pool, this is as easy as taking a few steps out your door and jumping in.
Of course, you always need a few things when you head to the pool. This summer make sure your pool bag is stocked with all of the essentials – for you and the kids.
Pick the Perfect Pool Bag
Make sure you’ve got a pool bag that can fit everything you need. If you’ll be heading to the pool solo it may not need to be quite as big as those who will be heading to the pool with children.
You might also look for a bag that has a waterproof lining inside. This will help protect your bag from wet towels or sunscreen mishaps.
What To Pack
Now it’s time to pack your bag! Here are the essentials you should be putting in your bag this summer!
- Towels: You can’t head to the pool without towels to dry off. Grab some gorgeous oversized beach towels for you and the kids. You want your towels to be absorbent as you’ll probably be in and out of the pool several times.
- Sunscreen: Protecting your skin from harmful UV rays is important during the summer. Look for sunscreens that have at least an SPF of 30 and be sure to apply them liberally and often to reduce sun damage.
- Snacks: Everyone needs snacks when they’re at the pool – kids and adults alike. Pack healthy snacks that don’t require refrigeration and won’t be ruined by the warm weather. Trail mix, pretzels, popcorn, and granola are great for warm weather. Avoid things with chocolate that will melt in the sun and create a mess.
- Cold Drinks: Insulated water bottles or stainless steel cups are ideal for the pool. They’ll keep your beverages cold and you won’t have to worry about the possibility of breaking a glass by the pool.
- Coverups: Swim coverups are great if you’ll be spending an extended amount of time at the pool. Wear one to provide some cover from the sun.
- Sunglasses: Don’t forget your sunglasses! Sunglasses will help to protect you from UV rays and reduce glare while at the pool.
- Hats: Hats are also great for protecting you from the sun. Look for hats with a wide brim to provide maximum coverage.
- Comb/Brush: If you will be in and out of the water and getting your hair wet, throw in a comb or brush. It will be easier to detangle your hair while it’s still wet.
- Wipes/Paper Towels: You never know when a spill is going to happen. Instead of leaving the mess for someone else to pick up, keep some wipes or paper towels in your bag.
- Bug Spray: You never know when the mosquitoes are going to show up. Throw in some bug spray so you can keep them away and enjoy your time poolside.
- Books/Magazines: If you’re going to spend some time relaxing on a chaise lounge, throw in some reading material. Bring your favorite book or a couple of those magazines that are sitting on your coffee table.
- Pool Toys: If you’ll be bringing the kids to the pool, it doesn’t hurt to have a few pool toys in your bag.
- Phone: Don’t forget your phone! Of course, you can use it to take some pictures in the sun, but it’s also important to have it in case an emergency should arise.
This summer make sure you have everything you need in your bag before you head to the pool. It will make your time at the pool much more fun and relaxing.