Things To Do This Summer Near Williamstown, NJ
If you live near Williamstown, NJ there are plenty of things to do now that the warmer weather has arrived. Whether you like to enjoy the great outdoors, or prefer to spend an afternoon inside cooling off, there’s plenty to do around Williamstown! Here are the top 8 things to do in the Gloucester, NJ area that are sure to turn a weekend from mundane to memorable.
- Skydiving- Take a step (or a leap) out of your comfort zone with this exhilarating experience that you won’t forget. Skydiving at Skydive Cross Keys is a well-known once-in-a-lifetime activity that people rave about. The instructors are knowledgeable, experienced, and make the jump fun for all guests. Whether you’re planning on becoming a student, or you just want to check off jumping out of a plane from your bucket list, going skydiving makes for a thrilling adrenaline rush—and a great story!
- Paintball- AC Paintball is the place to go for paintball fun in the Atlantic City area. Just a 20 minute drive from the AC Expressway is this year-round weekend hotspot. Paintball is fun for the entire family, and is the perfect place for children’s birthday parties as well. The staff is friendly, the prices are fair, and there are a variety of courses and games available to play to keep the day interesting!
- Golf- Scotland Run Golf Club- For a more low-key afternoon out, enjoy the sun while practicing your swing at the Scotland Run Golf Club. You don’t even have to be a golf pro to enjoy an afternoon here; in fact, many guests come for the award-winning restaurant and bar that have guests raving about the great food, drinks, and service. The course offers the perfect backdrop for an evening out with friends, family, or coworkers, or to celebrate a special occasion.
- Kayaking- Take full advantage of the nice weather and get in touch with your inner nature enthusiast by spending some time on the water kayaking. Kayaking can be a relaxing and rewarding activity that can be enjoyed by people of all ages. You could even try bringing a lunch and having a picnic out on the water! This summer activity is perfect for a small group of friends or a peaceful solo outing.
- Planetarium- Gaze into the cosmic abyss at the Rowan University Planetarium, which holds public shows every Sunday at 3pm. There are special events held throughout the year, as well as live stargazing and an immersive 360 degree video on their digital sky. Learn something new, or stare in awe; enjoy it however you please!
- Salem Wine Trail- Experience the wonderful tastes of summer with the Gloucester/Salem Wine Trail. The local vineyards and wineries of the area always have a great selection of vinos to get the blood flowing! Plan your own wine trail with the participating wineries of the area to create the perfect tailored afternoon out.
- Biking and Hiking Trail- For the athletes among us, biking and hiking at local parks is a great option for getting some exercise and sight-seeing nature’s beauty in all of its glory.
- Broadway Theater- Entertainment enthusiasts might enjoy spending a night downtown at the Grand Theatre. The venue offers special events, live performances, an art gallery, a café, and a children’s summer camp. Experience the culture of theater and enjoy the show!
No matter what you choose to do, spending an afternoon, weekend, or evening in Williamstown, NJ is sure to be a fun and memorable time. Whether you choose to go skydiving, paint-balling, golfing, or prefer to stay indoors and enjoy some fun activities the whole family can enjoy, you’re bound to have fun! What are your favorite things to do in the Gloucester, NJ area? Let us know in the comments below!