Rotisserie Chicken Meals
Raise your hand if you’re always looking for a shortcut when it comes to dinner – and one that doesn’t involve calling for delivery. It can be hard sometimes not to resort to ordering takeout when everyone has had a busy day.
But there are all sorts of shortcuts you have at your disposal when it comes to dinner. Pick up bread from your favorite bakery. The packaged salad mix makes it easy to get some greens on the table. Sides from the deli can counter can fill in gaps. And then there’s a favorite of just about everyone – rotisserie chicken.
Rotisserie chickens can help you get dinner on the table quickly, and they work in so many different recipes that you may find yourself picking up several throughout the week. Need a new recipe to try this week? How about one of these?
- Italian Chicken Salad: Chicken salad is good, but this one with an Italian flair to it is even better! Roasted red peppers, red onions, capers, and a simple dressing make it flavorful. Think about serving it on a crusty ciabatta roll or a baguette. Add a few slices of fresh mozzarella to make it extra delicious.
- Chicken Quesadillas: Want a meal that the whole family is going to love? Then this is the one! After all, who doesn’t like quesadillas? They come together quickly, and you can serve them with rice and refried beans, fresh salsa, guacamole, and tortilla chips.
- Buffalo Chicken Flatbread Pizzas: Love the flavor of buffalo chicken wings, then try these Buffalo Chicken Flatbread Pizzas. You can use store-bought flatbread or naan as your base and add your favorite buffalo chicken sauce to bring the flavor. Mozzarella and blue cheese are perfect for topping these pizzas and serve them with a little ranch or blue cheese dressing on the side for dipping.
- Easy Chicken Fried Rice: If you’ve never made fried rice at home, then you need to! You can add leftover vegetables from other meals you may have served (which allows you to add only the vegetables you like), and leftover rice works well, too. Add extra chicken and you have a one-wok meal!
- One-Pot Gnocchi with Spinach and Chicken: When you are craving comfort food, this One-Pot Gnocchi with Spinach and Chicken will hit the spot. It’s creamy and delicious, and you can round out the meal with a salad and some garlic bread.
- Chicken Empanadas: If you have kids who are involved in sports and activities in the evening, then you may need a grab-and-go dinner sometimes. Chicken Empanadas are great for nights like those. You can make these ahead of time, and everyone can grab a couple as they head out the door.
- Chicken Parmesan Casserole: Casseroles are great for families or when you want some leftovers for lunch during the week. This Chicken Parmesan Casserole has all the flavor of chicken parmesan, but there’s no need to fry your chicken and create a mess.
- White Chicken Chili: White Chicken Chili is an excellent weeknight meal, and you’ll love all of the seasonings in the one. The cannellini beans and light cream cheese make this chili really creamy without adding a ton of fat. And you can top it with some sliced jalapenos, shredded cheese, guacamole, or tortilla strips.
When you pick up a rotisserie chicken from your local grocery store, there are endless ways to use it. From simple sandwiches to casseroles to family favorites, you’ll love all that you can create for dinner from a rotisserie chicken. Pick one up tonight and try one of these recipes.