Plan a Great Taco Tuesday
There’s a funny quote that says, “Live every day like it’s Taco Tuesday!” Of course, if you’re a taco lover, then it doesn’t sound like too bad of an idea – because doesn’t everyone love Taco Tuesday?
And sure, you can pretty much “wing it” when it comes to Taco Tuesday, but why not go all out and plan an extra special one? Go the extra mile and get the whole family involved – and try a few new recipes, too.
- Let the Kids Help Plan: If you have children, they probably love tacos. After all, it’s a meal they can eat with their hands, and it allows them to customize to fit their tastes – which means you don’t hear, “I don’t like that!” To make sure they’re on board with everything – let them help plan. They can decide on which protein to make, how spicy the salsa should be, and whatever else you’ll allow them to do.
- Shop Together: Then take the kids shopping. Yes, this may be a bit inconvenient, but if you want your kids to try new things, show them all that’s out there. You can head to the grocery store or the farmers’ market to pick up fresh ingredients for taco night.
- Cook Together: And then get everyone in the kitchen to help prepare dinner. Kids can learn to grab ingredients, chop and dice, and prepare simple recipes. The more you let them do, the more they’ll feel like active contributors to mealtime – and the more likely they’ll want to help in the future. Here are some recipes that might make it on your Taco Tuesday table:
- Carnitas (Mexican Slow Cooker Pulled Pork): This seasoned pork recipe is perfect for Taco Tuesdays. It’s easy to throw together (in just about 5 minutes) and cooks up in your slow cooker – making it a fantastic recipe for hot summer days when you don’t want to turn on the oven.
- Sarah’s Easy Shredded Chicken Taco Filling: Not in the mood for ground beef? How about making shredded chicken tacos? With just a few ingredients, you can have this filling ready for dinner – even on a weeknight.
- The Best Taco Meat Recipe: Ground beef is a taco classic, but there’s no need to buy one of those premade seasoning packets when you have this recipe. You probably have most of the spices you need in your pantry – and you’ll love the flavor!
- Easy Pico de Gallo: Summer brings fresh vegetables, and that means you need to make this Easy Pico de Gallo. It’s light and refreshing and goes great with any tacos.
- Restaurant Style Salsa: Does your favorite Mexican restaurant serve salsa and an endless supply of chips – and is the salsa just amazing? Then give this recipe a try at home! And buy an extra bag of chips – because you’re going to love it!
- Best Ever Guacamole: If you want to serve guacamole with your tacos, this recipe is a must-try! It has tons of fresh ingredients and will really brighten up those taco flavors.
- Homemade Refried Beans: This recipe is worth the effort! You’ll never buy canned refried beans again!
- Easy One-Pot Black Beans from Scratch: Black beans are a delicious accompaniment to Taco Tuesdays. These are made in one pot on your stove, and even though they have only a few simple ingredients, they have a lot of flavor.
- Life-Changing Queso Dip: Kids love queso, and this one is fantastic! Creamy and delicious!
- Set Up a Taco Bar: And then set up a taco bar so that the whole family can enjoy all of the deliciousness you prepared. Everyone will have fun making their own custom taco creations!
Are you ready for Taco Tuesday? These recipes and a little help from your family will surely make it a success!