Must-Haves for Your Bathroom
There are lots of rooms that need your attention when you move into a new place. You need to get your living room looking good so you can have friends over for movie night. You want to get your kitchen settled so you can prepare some delicious meals. And, of course, you want to make sure your bedroom is set up so you can have a restful night’s sleep.
But have you given much thought to your bathroom? Probably not. It seems to be one of those rooms that is the last to get any attention, yet it shouldn’t be. Your bathroom deserves a little love and care, too. Here are some bathroom must-haves!
- Shower Curtain and Liner: Your choice of shower curtain is a great way to bring a little style to your bathroom. Because it’s a prevalent feature in such a tiny space, find something that you love, and makes an impression. Additionally, purchase a good quality shower liner to protect your curtain from mold and mildew. You can also look for shower curtain hooks to add an unexpected pop of style. Society 6 has some great choices if you’re looking for a new shower curtain:
- Trash Can: It seems so simple, but don’t forget to get a small trash can for your bathroom. You want one that doesn’t take up a ton of space and fits in with your style. Check out some different styles here.
- Toothbrush Holder: Don’t let your dentist down by forgetting to brush your teeth! Grab a cute toothbrush holder and place it close to your sink. Or, find one that has a suction cup and can go on your mirror to save counter space.
- Bath mat: Your bath mat is another chance to bring in some color to your bathroom. Find one in a color that complements your shower curtain. Also, make sure it can go in the washer and dryer for easy cleaning.
- Bath towels: Invest in some luxurious bath towels. You want ones that are soft and absorbent. Good Housekeeping has ten bath towels that they would recommend if you need to do some shopping.
- Your favorite bath products: No bathroom is complete without being stocked with your favorite bath products. Grab your favorites and find a nice way to store them (more on storage below) so that you have easy access to them.
- Bathroom Cleaners: Bathrooms require frequent cleaning. Make sure you keep your bathroom cleaners in the bathroom, so you have them at all times. It makes doing a quick cleaning before having guests over much easier and even simplifies your weekly chores.
- Storage: One common complaint about bathrooms is that they lack storage. But you can get creative and bring in some additional storage to solve this problem. Look for organizers that can go in corners. Think about hanging additional shelving. A rolling cart might work, too. Think about small storage solutions that can help you hide away some bathroom necessities.
- Soap Dispenser: Grab a pretty soap dispenser to place on your bathroom vanity. It’s a necessity!
- Plunger and toilet brush: While not glamorous, you need these two things for your bathroom. Luckily, they’re not expensive and can be picked up at your local dollar store.
When it comes to making your apartment feel like home – don’t forget the bathroom. Make sure you have these must-haves and add some style to this often-overlooked space!