Mother’s Day Breakfast Recipes She’ll Love
Have you planned out what you are going to do for your mom this Mother’s Day? Do you have a special day planned to celebrate? If the answer is yes, make sure the day starts with an amazing breakfast that will put a smile on her face.
Scrambled eggs and toast are good, but you might want to up your game on Mother’s Day to show your mom some extra love. Here are a few dishes that will do just that!
- Monkey-Bread Danish: Puff pastry makes this danish delicious! And the cinnamon, sugar, and butter make them sweet and decadent. This is a great dish for the kids to help with as little hands can help make the streusel topping and toss the diced up puff pastry.
- Easy Frittata: If Mom likes eggs for breakfast, then why not make a frittata? It’s an easy dish to make and extremely versatile as you can throw in all sorts of different ingredients. Learn how to make the “base” for this recipe, and you will have practically endless possibilities.
- Candied Bacon: If bacon is good, then candied bacon is better. With the saltiness of the bacon and the sweetness from the brown sugar, you have a fantastic accompaniment to any dish you make for Mother’s Day breakfast.
- Churro Waffles: If you’ve ever tasted churros, you know that they are a delicious fried pastry rolled in cinnamon and sugar. And if you want to have these same flavors at breakfast, then Churro Waffles are the way to go. The waffle batter is not much different from a traditional waffle, but when they are finished cooking, you dip them in warm butter and coat with the churro topping. Yum!
- Sour Cream Blueberry Muffins: Somebody said that “Happiness is freshly-baked muffins” – and they just might be right. These blueberry muffins have a crumb topping that the whole family will love. And, if blueberries aren’t Mom’s favorite, you could easily substitute raspberries or blackberries.
- Garlic Home Fries: Home fries are another side dish that Mom might want for breakfast. This recipe has fresh garlic and paprika to take them to the next level.
- Egg-In-A-Hole: A beautiful sunny-side-up egg and a slice of toast is a classic breakfast, but if you want to show off a little on Mother’s Day, then try Egg-In-A-Hole. It’s just a fantastic way to present this breakfast favorite.
- Make-Ahead Fruit and Yogurt Parfaits: If you want to get a jumpstart on breakfast, these Make-Ahead Fruit and Yogurt Parfaits can be done on Saturday. They are easy and healthy, and the kids can help layer all of the yummy ingredients.
- Soft and Sticky Caramel Pecan Rolls: Do you want to really show off your baking skills? Then these Soft and Sticky Caramel Pecan Rolls will do just that! And, while it may make you a bit anxious to make your own dough – don’t be intimidated by it. This sweet dough is rather forgiving!
- Eggs Benedict: Another classic egg dish that you often see on restaurant menus is Eggs Benedict, but there’s no reason you can’t make it at home. Hollandaise sauce often gets a bad rap as being difficult to make, but this one is easy when you make it in your blender.
- Mango Smoothie: If you want to make Mom a smoothie this year, try this mango one. It’s creamy and delicious and can be made vegan or dairy-free if you’d like.
- Homemade Caramel Latte: And what mom doesn’t need to start her day with a cup of coffee? Make her a Homemade Caramel Latte just like she’d get at her favorite coffee shop.
Mother’s Day breakfast doesn’t have to be black coffee, scrambled eggs, and toast this year. You can make any of these delicious recipes and make your mom’s heart – and stomach – very happy.