Instagram Tips and Tricks You Should Know
When it comes to social media, there are lots of platforms out there. Of course, some of the most popular ones are probably the ones you are using on a daily basis. Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram continue to dominate – and each of them seems to have their own strengths depending on what you want to do.
If Instagram is your thing, you probably love looking at great photos or short videos – because Instagram is all about visuals. Of course, whether you’re using Instagram for business or personal use, it’s always good to know a few tips and tricks – and here are a few to help.
- Get Notified When Your Favorite People Post: If you have some favorite people that you follow on Instagram and want to know when they post – you can do that! It’s as easy as turning on notifications. You just visit a user’s profile, click the three dots in the upper right-hand corner of the post, and choose “Turn on Post Notifications” from the menu that appears. Now you’ll receive a notification when they post!
- And Mute Those People You Don’t Want to See: Of course, there may be a few people you follow that you need a break from or just don’t want to hear from – and lucky for you, you can mute those people. Visit the profile you want to mute, and tap “Following” below their information. Next, tap “Mute” and tap the slide button next to “Posts.” Voila!
- Change Up Your Fonts: You may think that you’re stuck with the same, old, boring font when it comes to your bio, or posts, or stories – until you come across someone who has posted in a cool font and you want to know, “How’d they do that?” They’ve used a font generator – and there are several free ones out there that you can use to do the same thing. Changing up your fonts is an easy way to grab someone’s attention – just be sure not to overuse it.
- You Can Archive Old Posts: Have you changed the way you want your Instagram to look? Are there some photos that just don’t fit? Maybe they’re not the greatest quality, or you’ve gone in a different direction? Then archive them – which allows you to keep them, but they won’t be visible. Go to your profile. Tap the post you’d like to archive and then hit the three dots in the top right. Select “Archive,” and you’re all set.
- Schedule Your Posts for Later: If you like to regularly post to Instagram – and know what you want your posts to be – you may want to schedule them in advance. There are several apps available that can do that for you, but you can also do it from your computer – and not need a third-party tool. Check out this tutorial to learn how!
- Hide Photos You’ve Been Tagged In: Have you ever had a friend post a photo of you where she looked amazing, and you looked…well, so-so? It happens to everyone. But, you can always hide photos that you’ve been tagged in. To do this, tap the photo or video you want to hide. Then tap your username and tap “Hide from My Profile.” Bye-bye not-so-fabulous photo!
- Follow Your Favorite Hashtags: Hashtags are important on Instagram and, perhaps, you want to follow some of your favorite hashtags, for example, maybe the town you live in or something related to your profession. Instagram allows you to do just that by tapping on any hashtag (example: #lakelife) you see on Instagram and then tapping “Follow.” Now your feed will show you all of the photos and videos with this hashtag.
What tips and tricks do you use when posting to Instagram? Have you tried any of these? If Instagram is your preferred social media platform, maybe some of these will make your posting just a little bit easier.