Homemade Cleaning Products You’ll Want to Use
When was the last time you had to buy cleaning products? Did you head to the supermarket and just grab the nearest bottle that you thought might do the trick? Then, did you get to the register and see how expensive cleaning products are? Yikes! And how about trying to read what goes into making those commercially sold cleaners? Those are some long and unpronounceable words.
Lots of people are now looking for alternatives to commercial cleaning products. Whether it’s because of the cost or the fact that they want products where they recognize (and can pronounce) the “ingredients,” – many people have started to DIY their cleaning products.
If you think you might want to try creating some DIY cleaning products for your home, you’ll find it’s not too difficult to do. There are lots of people sharing their “recipes” – and here’s a few to get you started.
- Natural All-Purpose Cleaner: Head to the dollar store and grab an inexpensive spray bottle so you can whip up a batch of this Natural All-Purpose Cleaner from Simple Life Mom. It has only four ingredients – water, baking soda, vinegar, and your favorite essential oil – and it works like a charm.
- Homemade “Soft Scrub”: One Essential Community shares a recipe for a DIY “Soft Scrub” – and it’s great for those things that need a little extra power when you’re trying to get them clean (like a baked-on casserole dish or some shower soap scum).
- Homemade Disinfecting Wipes: Disinfecting wipes are still hard to come by in the stores – so why not learn to make them yourself? My Heavenly Recipes shares her take on disinfecting wipes – and they’re easy to make! You’ll need distilled water, isopropyl alcohol, Dawn dish soap, Tea Tree oil, and paper towels. Then you can store them in a glass container and use them as needed!
- Homemade Liquid Dish Soap: Mommypotamus was looking for a more environmentally-friendly dish soap, and after much experimentation, she came up with this recipe. This recipe has a few more ingredients than most DIY cleaning products, but nothing that you shouldn’t be able to get your hands on via Amazon.
- Homemade Dishwasher Detergent: Karrie, at Happy Money Saver, has a great recipe for dishwasher detergent that can be left as a powder or made into tabs that can easily be popped into your dishwasher. You need to check out the recipe as it has an interesting ingredient – unsweetened lemonade drink mix!
- DIY Oven Cleaner: Have you ever had something bubble over in your oven and create a huge mess? Then you need a good oven cleaner! This one is super effective and will get that grime up in no time!
- Homemade Toilet Bowl Cleaner: Nobody likes to clean the toilet, but it needs to get done. Jillee, from One Good Thing, shares her tried and true recipe for keeping your toilet bowl looking (and smelling) fantastic!
- Homemade Window Cleaner: When was the last time you gave your windows a good cleaning? Did they turn out all “streaky,” and did you feel like throwing in the towel? Windows are hard, but you’ll like this cleaning solution from Bob Vila. Use this in conjunction with a microfiber cloth or chamois, and you’ll love the way the light shines in!
- Homemade Laundry Detergent: You are just four ingredients away from a homemade laundry detergent that’s environmentally-friendly, cost-effective, and will keep your clothes really clean. You can make a double batch and store it in a glass jar.
- DIY Dusting Spray: And let’s not forget the dusting spray! This one will keep your wood coffee table and end tables looking great – and dust-free!
Homemade cleaning products are easy to make and will keep your home looking fabulous! Try a few of these and see how great your space looks!