Best Mixed Drinks To Serve At Your Holiday Party
One of the best things about the holidays are the parties. The classic party drinks are always an easy go-to favorite. If you’re looking to take your party over the edge, then add in one or two of these fantastic mixed drinks to the menu for the evening. It’s a fun way to add holiday cheer, while every mixes and mingles.
- Candy Cane Cocktail: This drink is a Christmas candy treat in a glass. Add a shot of white chocolate liqueur, some vanilla rum, and a shot of peppermint schnapps. Shake it all together with some ice, and pour into a martini glass. Garnish with a candy cane to crunch on between sips!
- Hot Buttered Rum: It’s sweet and savory drink that warms the heart and hands. Mix some brown sugar, butter, honey, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and salt in a bowl until smooth. Add in the rum, and pour boiling water over the entire mix. Stir together until everything is combined. Serve in a mug.
- Mexicocoa: Nothing says holidays like some hot chocolate. Make it party worthy by spicing it up. Mix unsweetened cocoa with cinnamon, cayenne pepper, and a pinch of chili powder. Whisk in some almond milk into the heated pot. Keep stirring until it simmers. Quickly stir in the agave nectar to sweeten and add the vodka. Remove from the heat to serve. To add color, dip the rim of the glass in a saucer of water and coat in paprika. Sip and enjoy!
- Cider Jack Cocktails: If you’re a cider lover, then this is right up your alley. Take some applejack liqueur, mix it in with lemon juice and add a splash of grenadine. Shake it together with ice. Top off the drink with hard apple cider and serve with a cinnamon stick.
- Vanilla Dark and Stormy: Are you looking for something refreshing but warm at the same time? Here’s your drink. Combine your dark rum and ginger beer together. Squeeze in some lime, and add a tiny splash of vanilla extract to the mix. Serve with a lime garnish.
- Fresh Whiskey Sours: Store-bought sour mix is ok in a pinch, but having fresh squeezed sours turns the drink into something to remember! Have your preferred whiskey over ice, then squeeze in a wedge of lemon and a wedge of lime with a splash of simple syrup to sweeten. Top it off with a festive red maraschino cherry for color.
- Cherry Brandied Old Fashioned: The Old Fashioned is an easy crowd pleaser. It’s simple, but strong, and has appeals to both men and women. Add a holiday twist to your Old Fashioned with muddled cherries for a sweet addition. You’re still going to have the orange juice, bitters, and sugar. Stir everything together with a cinnamon stick and serve.
You don’t have to serve a large group to try out these drinks. Have a few friends over and test out a new holiday favorite with your choice of liquor. Keep your heart and your hands warm this year with holiday drinks. A few spirits can add to the fun and keep you warm while you spend time with loved ones!